The hospitality industry is made up of many sectors, including hotels, restaurants, pubs, visitor attractions, events management and contract catering. The BTEC in hospitality will give you a taste of the huge range of job opportunities which exist in this young and dynamic service industry.
There are no external exams in this course, instead you will complete 3 compulsory units and 4 option units (see below for examples of the current units studied):
- Unit 1 The Hospitality industry
- Unit 2 Principles of Supervising Customer Service Performance in Hospitality, Leisure, Travel and Tourism
- Unit 3 Providing customer service in Hospitality
- Unit 10 European food
- Unit 11 Asian Food
- Unit 12 Contemporary World Food
- Unit 22 Planning and Managing a Hospitality Event.
As well as learning about the size and structure of a large and diverse industry, you will learn that hospitality is a ‘people industry’. You will learn customer service skills, teamwork and management skills as well as some practical cookery and food service techniques.