BTEC Creative Media
The Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Nationals in Creative Digital Media Production have been developed to focus on:
- Providing vocationally-related education and training for those who are intending to work, or who already work, in the creative media sector
- Providing opportunities for learners to develop skills, knowledge and understanding relevant to the media industries in an applied learning context
- Giving learners the opportunity to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal skills and attitudes essential for successful performance in working life.
This course provides a coherent introduction to the study of creative digital media production at this level. Learners develop an understanding of the media industry through analysing media representations and pitching and producing media projects.
It is designed for post-16 learners who aim to progress to higher education and ultimately to employment, possibly in the Media Industries, as part of a programme of study alongside other BTEC Nationals or A levels.
Throughout Years 12 and 13 pupils will be studying for the BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate in creative digital media production. This is a vocational course and is broken down into 4 units: two of which are completed in Year 12 and two in Year 13:
- Media representations (Exam)
- Pre production portfolio (Controlled Assessment)
- Responding to a commission (Exam)
- Film production (Controlled Assessment)
The course is assessed by a mixture of controlled assessment (42%) and examination (58%), and is the equivalent of one A Level.